Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I live in a mobile home park. The landlord that owns the land is intimidating me. What do I do?

I am paying on my mobile home in this park. We couldn't afford our lot rent for 1 month so we went to get government help. We were told to send in a paper and the landlord signs it returns it and they will pay him. Well one of the many time we were without water in 90 degree weather the landlord comes down to supposedly fix the problem. Anyway he comes knocking on my door after my husband leaves to tell me there won't be any water today so I asked him if he filled out and sent back the form. He tells me he doesn't want to deal with "those people" and he's wants the money from us. I told him I can't work and my husband is trying to get back on his feet and he tells me to tell my husband to get him his money or he will take us to the magistrate. So a couple days ago we get a letter in the mail stating we owe $475.00 total in fees etc. This park has contaminated water. We have to go to another county to fill up water jugs that cost us gas money we don't have. The septic tanks that we use are tipped and when it is damp the sewage smell comes over here and we get sick. Like I said I own the trailer and we are struggling and we can't afford to move. We are trying. We are trying to get a lawyer but legal aid says my husband makes to much money even though we can't afford to buy food half the time. We need help. I don't know how he is getting away with this. There is only two active trailers here and if one goes the park gets shut down. That's how bad it is. Help please.

No comments:

Post a Comment