Sunday, November 6, 2011

Should I drop out of uni?

Hi, I started the second year of my course this September. The first year of the course, was nothing like what was promised from signing up and I found it very easy and unchallenging. The teachers were bad and all of the information I needed for exams and coursework I taught myself. I decided to continue as I was informed by teachers that the course would get more in-depth and challenging. Having almost finished the first semester of my second year it is clear that this course is a joke. The cles are badly organised, are badly taught and generally are not educating me at all. I have taught myself pretty much everything I have learnt from this course. I am fully aware that self-directed learning plays a huge role in university, but it should not be the basis of your education. I cannot transfer to a different University because there are no other courses like this one. I have spent a lot of time considering what I should do and have talked to a lot of people. I am currently living in London with three of my close friends, but am originally from Devon. If I drop out of uni I would not be able to afford to live in London and will have to move out. Although they have said they will be fine with whatever I do, I feel awful about abandoning them. If I drop out of uni I will work full time and save money so I can go travelling, which I have always wanted to do, but what are the implications involving my student loan and grants? Staying at university is making me so unhappy, but I don't know whether I should leave or brave it out? I don't know how much use this degree will even be to me now. If anyone can help please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment